Having a dog share your exercise routine is fun. Here are five reasons to work out with your hound:
- According to www.runnersworld.com, “People don’t have tails that wag. On days you’re dragging, Sparky can remind you that running should be joyful. His relaxed stride and frisky vigor are contagious. Dogs even look like they’re smiling.”
- Free therapy: Stella says: “I treat is as therapy when I am stressed – I just attach the lead and we walk for miles.”
- For Nevilene, who rides alone, it’s a safety issue: “The dogs are pretty good at warning you of potential trouble ahead such as things about to appear out of bushes.”
- Motivation. They don’t accept excuses – when its walkies time, its walkies time.
- A tired dog is a good dog. An amazing cure for all those vices caused by boredom – chewing, barking, chasing cars.
Francois sums it all up: “I remember one morning, very early, a woman came running toward me with her two labs bounding along beside her. We smiled at each other in passing. “Lucky dogs! she said. “Lucky us!” I answered over my shoulder.