Preparing for my article today on a pet detox programme, I found a whole lot of anti-detox articles. They were well written, scientifically accurate and I agreed with everything they said. But …
- A five day detox is no substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle EVERYDAY.
- A lot of the so-called detox products are themselves no more than collections of chemicals.
- Our body (and, by extension, our pet’s body) is fairly efficient at eliminating toxins.
That said, I do think that there is value in making a decision to be healthier. In promising yourself that, from a particular date, you will change your lifestyle, eat less junk, exercise more, etc.
And, if you are a pet owner, why not take your pets on the same adventure? They too are exposed to toxins from the environment and from their food. Some of them do less exercise than is optimal, are overweight, allergic or prone to sickness.
My suggestion for your pets:
- Change the food you feed to the best you can afford (for more on this, read my other article: Feeding your pet – getting it right in today’s busy world.)
- Give a ten day course of Cleansing Formula. This contains a completely natural blend of herbs and probiotics, designed to eliminate both toxins and internal parasites and to populate the gut with good bacteria (probiotics).
- Encourage your pet to drink as much as possible.
- Start exercising your dog. (Cats are more difficult – they will do their own thing!) Start off slowly – a ten minute walk for example. And try to do a little more each day.
Most importantly, keep it up. The anti-detox articles were completely correct when they pointed out that 5 days of healthy living per year is no cure for 360 days of an unhealthy lifestyle.
I have never detoxed our dogs but I try to give them as good quality food as possible and they get to walk (run/dig/chase things) off leash for two hours a day. They get lethargic and depressed if they don’t have this time out with me. I’m in France and hope you can get a European distributor soon. I’d love to try your Cleansing Formula.